Rnews server-side web-based AJAX-enabled RSS/Atom feed aggregator/news tracking tool. It can manage your hundreds of RSS and Atom feeds from your server.
- Step-by-step web install and upgrade interface.
- Supports multiple users, and an optional default user for public-viewable feeds.
- A toolbar collects common actions for managing articles.
- Feed title and other information is auto-imported from the feed.
- Context-sensitive keyword search of article headlines and content.
- Add feeds using bookmarklets, a Firefox extension, or register Rnews as a Feed handler in Firefox.
- Feed scoring based on your viewing statistics - helps you call uninteresting feeds, or sort by most popular.
- Block, wide-block, and list views of articles. Sort by name or score.
- Filter feeds to only show those with unread articles.
- Show article snippets beside the headlines for fast scanning.
- Mark articles as favorites to easily find them later and protect from deletion.
- User-configurable display of icons (for sites that have them).
- Categories - view all feeds at once, by category, or individually.
- Shows a configurable number of links - helpful for feeds that give only a small number of stories, or catching up when you've missed a few days.
- Can force update of feeds, overriding the default feed timeouts.
- Supports Atom and RSS feed formats, with heuristic fixes for broken feeds.
- OPML import/export for easy sharing of subscriptions between news readers.
- Supports database table prefixes to accomodate web hosts that provide only one database.
- Standards-compliant (XHTML, CSS) interface - loads quickly, and shows your feeds in a compact, easy-to-read format.
- Good netizen - combines MagpieRSS's caching with a user-configurable timeout to avoid hitting feed servers too often.
- Content is loaded asynchronously so you don't have to wait for slow feeds before reading articles.
- Many operations use AJAX for quick and fluid response.
- Optional caching and resizing of feed icons (requires PHP GD library).
- Supports secure login, user addition, and password change on SSL-capable servers.
- Cookies are secured with HMAC-SHA1, and optionally include the client's IP address to limit hijacking attacks.
- User passwords are securely stored in the database using salted SHA-1 hashes.
- Uses modified kses library to strip unwanted tags from feed contents to mitigate XSS attacks and tracking.
|Updated||about 1 year ago|
|Tags||server-based, rss feed, rss reader, aggregator, web-based, rss feeds list, rss feed weather|
Want to add your own app or package your favorite app here? Become a contributor and submit apps!