ZNC is an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) network bouncer or BNC. It can detach the client from the actual IRC server, and also from selected channels. Multiple clients from different locations can connect to a single ZNC account simultaneously and therefore appear under the same nickname on IRC. It supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secured connections and IPv6.
- Modules - ZNC supports dynamic loading of C++, Perl and Tcl modules. To get a list of the available modules and more information follow the link.
- Detaching - ZNC will remain connected to IRC even while you are offline. You can then reattach later and catch up with what happened while you were gone, and your nick (and operator status) will have been kept for you.
- Multiple Users - You can add additional users under one running process. Useful for public shells that limit background processes. Each user can connect to one IRC network.
- Multiple Clients - Connect to the same user with as many clients as you want.
- Playback Buffers - Stay up-to-date with what happened and when it happened while you were detached, timestamps are also printed and can be manually configured.
- SSL Support - Encryption for both the listen port and connecting to IRC servers. If your system has OpenSSL, ZNC automatically supports SSL connections.
- DCC Bouncing - Transparent bouncing for DCC anonymity.
- Partyline - Using the global partyline module, you can join channels and query users on the internal ZNC network.
- Web Administration - Using the global webadmin module, admins can add/remove/edit users and global settings and non admins can edit their own user settings.
|Updated||11 days ago|
|Tags||irc bouncer, irc server, chat client|
Want to add your own app or package your favorite app here? Become a contributor and submit apps!